A friend of the library is someone who desires to support the mission and purpose of the Hartland Public Library. An individual or family may join and offer support solely through their membership dues. Some members may be interested in helping with one project while others may want to give a broader range of support to the library. Anyone interested is welcome to join at any time.
The current friends group began in January of 2017. An open meeting was held to determine if there was support for forming such a group. Those present were interested and willing to initiate planning, to determine the feasibility of a group, and to begin to draft a mission and bylaws. The group worked closely with the Board of Trustees who approved the proposed mission and bylaws. We are now ready to take the next step and make our vision a reality. Some of the important goals of the group are:
- To support the work of the librarian
- To assist in providing a variety of library programs for the community
- To raise funds, particularly for special projects
- To work more closely with the schools
- To meet the information needs of citizens of Hartland and the surrounding communities